In this Policy, we explain in a clear and transparent manner to you the Client, or you who works or have worked for or on behalf of our Clients, what is done with the Personal Data we process.
2. Personal data collected
Viseu Advogados collects data from persons who have worked or work for or on behalf of Clients, or their partners or shareholders, under the following categories:
- Registration data (name, ID (RG), General Taxpayer’s Registry (CPF), Driver’s License (CNH), PIS, work permit and social security card (CTPS), passport, electoral card, level of education, e-mail, business address, home address, landline number, cell phone number, language, position held, company, profession, gender, date of birth, nationality, marital status, signature, photos, videos, CCTV images);
- Financial data (salary, as applicable in the context of the services provided to you)
- Sensitive data (union membership, physical disability, medical certificate, medical report, occupational health and safety certificate (OHS), workplace accident report, and other data that may be provided in the scope of the contractual relationship established between the Client and Viseu Advogados, in the context of the provision of legal services.
3. How we use your personal data
Viseu Advogados uses your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- Registration of clients and their respective contact information for use in the correct and timely issuance of invoices;
- Prospecting for Clients through contact information research via internet and social networks;
- Provision of services hired by the Client to defend its interests in judicial and extrajudicial proceedings;
- Use of specialized services to support in the lawsuits;
- Maintenance of document custody to support legal, fiscal and business requirements;
- Records of the activities performed for the collection of fees;
- Security and physical access control to the office premises;
- Publication of relevant cases in legal directories that offer legal research and analysis, preserving client confidentiality as appropriate;
- Promoting the value of the brand and establishing relationships with new contacts and potential Clients through sponsored events;
- Compliance with legal or regulatory requirements.
4. Sharing of Personal Data
Viseu Advogados may share the Personal Data referred to in the Policy for the operationalization of our services with:
- Independent research and legal analysis firm for publication of relevant cases involving Viseu Advogados in legal directories, guaranteeing the professional confidentiality in relation to the Client;
- Public authorities (judicial and extrajudicial), government entities, regulatory or fiscal agencies before which Viseu Advogados is subject to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation or in accordance with applicable local legislation;
- Operating agents who process your personal data in accordance with instructions from Viseu Advogados;
- Specialized service providers for the performance of the contract and provision of services aimed at you;
- Technology service providers;
- Event organizing agencies to offer services requested by you or that may be of interest to you;
- Document storage service companies; and
- Vendors related to physical security whenever you access our offices.
5. Security of Personal Data
Viseu Advogados adopts the usual procedures and standards for physical, electronic and managerial security, including encryption and passwords as an effort to protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access and disclosure, as well as to prevent nuisance or unwanted communication (spam). However, please be aware that no company, including Viseu Advogados, can completely eliminate the security risks associated with the processing of Personal Data.
6. Exercise of your rights
Viseu Advogados respects the rights that you have as the holder of personal data and enables you to exercise them in accordance with applicable law.
Thus, you have the right to consent whether Viseu Advogados may process Personal Data concerning you and to access the Personal Data that you have provided to us or that we maintain about you.
Viseu Advogados strives to ensure that the processing of Personal Data is in accordance with the law and respects the rights and interests of the holders of personal data. If you notice that Viseu Advogados keeps incomplete, inaccurate or outdated Personal Data, you have the right to request that they be corrected. Similarly, if you find that Viseu Advogados processes unnecessary or excessive Personal Data or that the processing is in breach of the law, you have the right to request the anonymization, blocking or deletion of the Personal Data object of the irregularity.
In addition, you have the right to request information about the possibility of not giving consent and the consequences of such choice. If you have already given your consent previously, you have the right to revoke it and to request the elimination of the Personal Data whose processing has been authorized by such consent.
Furthermore, you have the right to request clarification on how Viseu Advogados handles your Personal Data. Similarly, you have the right to request information about the entities with which Viseu Advogados has shared your Personal Data.
If you wish the Personal Data that Viseu Advogados keeps about you to be shared with another service provider, you have the right to request Viseu Advogados for its transferability.
The exercise of the rights set out above must be done via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is important to note that the fulfillment of these rights will be subject to analysis regarding the viability and appropriateness of the request you make. There are cases in which it will not be possible, or even allowed by law, to meet all the rights.
If it is not possible to meet your request, Viseu Advogados will duly explain the reasons for such impossibility.
8. Contact Us